Block Parties are recreational street closures for residents to hold an annual event for their neighborhood.  Residents may apply to close their stretch of a residential side street between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.  Permits are issued by the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT).  Block party applications can be found below and must be emailed, faxed, or brought into the 46th Ward service office for processing.



We encourage you to submit your application at least 30 or more days in advance.  This will also give you plenty of time to plan and notify residents.  Our office can supply “No Parking” signs once the event is permitted.  Barricades are available on a first-come first-served basis.  Please confirm with the 46th Ward office regarding availability.  You will need to arrange for pick-up and drop-off of these signs.



You may also request that a fire engine and crew from the Chicago Fire Department come by the Block Party.  A form for this request can be found below.  Please let us know if you would like the Alderman to make this request.  As other priorities may arise for the Fire Department, we cannot guarantee their presence even if they have confirmed their attendance.



Jumping Jacks for Block Parties are offered through the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.  The application for jumping jacks can be found below.  Jumping Jacks are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and, as the schedule fills up very quickly, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.


Further information is available below.



Forms & Links

Block Party Permit application


Jumping Jack 2015